Sorry -that last message was slightly garbled.
I only found emails from BAPS, and the only still-involved people on
the list of 4 were me and Stephen.
So I think we should again request that each collective make a
list of their members who meet the criteria and who want a key.
If you are not affiliated with a collective and need a key, please
make a request and the delegates can approve them.
Also, we never made the document referred to in #3 below. Anyone up
- People will be eligible for a key if:
- They are a member of a member collective who has been
identified by that collective as someone who needs a key.
Each collective will make that decision by their own
process to determine who is entitled to reasonable access
and able to assume the responsibilities that come with
being an Omni key holder.
- Some factors to consider are:
- Does the member need to open or close up the
- Does the member take responsibility for
collective activities and events?
- Does the member participate in organizing the
Omni or maintaining the building?
- Is the member someone who understands their
responsibility to take care of the Omni and the
people inside it, and who is trusted by the
- The collective will enter the name and contact
information for the member who will be given a key in
the (contact manager spreadsheet)
- As an unaffiliated Omni volunteer, they ask for a key
using this form (see below).
- (Which working group? A new Keymaster WG?) will
review key requests and approve or deny them.
- All key holders will be required to give a key deposit of
$5 which will be used to replace lost keys. Upon turning over
their key to the (working group), the deposit will be
- Keys will be given along with a document that states the
benefits and responsibilities of being a key holder and how to
close up the building. Not fulfilling the responsibilities may
be grounds for having to return the key.
On 10/6/15 11:42 AM, Laura Turiano
When the key policy was passed, BAPS did send a list of people who
needed keys. As I recall, It was the only collective to respond
to that request, but I could be forgetting. I am about to find
those emails and I will let BAPS and will let ya'll know.
In any case, each collective is supposed to identify who needs a
key based upon the criteria in the key policy https://omnicommons.org/wiki/Keys
On 10/6/15 11:36 AM, niki wrote:
Have the collectives been informed that their
members will need new keys to access the space?
I only ask because, despite knowing that this was
upcoming at some point in the future, I didn't see any
announcement as to an exact date when the locks were being
Forgive me if this was announced at a delegate's meeting
and I am missing it - I just want to make sure that BAPS is
aware in the event that class facilitators need to get keys
in time for their classes this week.