The sudo room five minutes of fame is a social event where a bunch of folks meet up and munch on snacks while some folks make short 5 minute presentations about projects they're working on or things they care about.
This type of event is blatantly stolen^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^Hheavily inspired by the noisebridge 5MoF events.
People are encouraged to bring snacks/food/drinks.
= Schedule =e
These events happen every first Wednesday of the month at sudo room!
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or the sudo room mailing list to claim a slot for your project. All we need is the title of your presentation and a way to contact you.
10 minutes are allocated to each 5MoF presentation which includes 5 minutes for the presentation, time for questions and time for the next person to get their computer hooked up.
- 7 pm: People shuffle in, snack on food and get settled
- 7:30 pm: 1st 5MoF presentation
- 7:37 pm: 2nd 5MoF presentation
- 7:44 pm: 3rd 5MoF presentation
- 7:51 pm: 4th 5MoF presentation
- 7:58 pm: 5th 5MoF presentation
- 8:05 pm: 10 minute break (announced as a 5 minute break so we actually stay on time)
- 8:15 pm: two-minute explanation of sudo room and the Omni. Donation hat passed around. New members encouraged to sign up right then and there.
- 8:18 pm: 6th 5MoF presentation - This is the remote presentation which gives time to set up the video conferencing during the break.
- 8:25 pm: 7th 5MoF presentation
- 8:32 pm: 8th 5MoF presentation
- 8:39 pm: 9th 5MoF presentation
- 8:46 pm: 10th 5MoF presentation
- 8:53 pm: Announce https://pad.riseup/p/sudoride for letting people ride-share back home.
- 8:54 pm: Social hangouts and tour of omni for new folk.
- 10:00 pm: Cleanup of food, chairs, etc. and moving folks to sudo room for continued hacking/socializing.