Difference between revisions of "Door Access"
Revision as of 15:47, 13 December 2012
Door access related projects:
Sudo Door Intercom
There is an old intercom system that is wired from the outside facing door up to the phone closet. One the first things we did when we got in to the space was to reconnect this intercom and attach it to a phone we had lying around. Here's a picture:
Right now if the space is occupied you can get in without a key by:
- Pressing the intercom button outside the door
- Waiting for a sudoer to answer
- Saying "I'm here for sudoroom", or "My voice is my passport"
- Waiting for an awesome sudoer to come and let you in
- Saying thank you!
Door Open Indicator
This project will detect if the Inside Door is open and share that information.
Our current plan involves using a TI MSP4302553 via the TI Launch Pad to generate a tone. When the door is closed, the tone will stop. Anything that can pickup the audio will be able to detect if the door is open. We have a python script that does just that. Here is a picture of the tone generator in progress:
Outside Facing Door
Sudoroom has its own tiny hallway with trash cans and a private elevator opening. The hallway is technically outside Sudoroom, and the door separating it should be locked when nobody's around. As the elevator is the primary path for automated entry, this door's lock will be controlled by a tiny Raspberry Pi. Some preliminary info about this box:
SSH is KEY-ONLY. Contact Max or Yardena for the key. :)
"Tamale" will implement an HTTP/CURL entry system with Max's script doorman.py, a tornado-based webserver written in python. When a visitor accesses a secret URL, Tamale will activate a motor that turns a key in the dead bolt.
- ISSUE: You need to push into the door for the unlocking mechanism to work.
- ISSUE: The server does not autostart upon reboot
- ISSUE: Upon rebooting or reconnecting, the device may not work well. You may need to fiddle with the ground cable.
- NOTE: Please contact Max or Yardena or Jae or Andrew for the secret.
- NOTE: You can also unlock the door by appending '_close'.