People may enter SudoRoom through the side door on 22nd and Broadway. This often confuses visitors since our official address is 2141 Broadway.
- See also DefensiveHacking for Security-related incidents.
Door access related projects:
EXPERIMENTAL Developing a Android/iOS app for opening/closing sudo doors.
Android Version Here: File:Sudopad 0 1.zip
INSTALL: You need to rename the file to .apk (do not unzip, just rename) and copy to your device and run it to install.
INSTRUCTIONS: "A" to open downstairs door, "B" to open upstairs door, "C" to lock upstairs door.
NOTES: You must be connected to the appropriate wifi network for the downstairs door to open.
ISSUES: Work in progress, upstairs will prompt you about certificate bs, just hit whatever.
TODO's: Connect to sudo-api to update sudo's open/close status. Add actual security mechanisms. Add iOS version.
This project is being done by thex, hit me up on irc.freenode.net in #fort
Sudo Door Intercom
There is an old intercom system that is wired from the outside facing door up to the phone closet. One the first things we did when we got in to the space was to reconnect this intercom and attach it to a phone we had lying around. Here's a picture:
Right now if the space is occupied you can get in without a key by:
- Pressing the intercom button outside the door
- Waiting for a sudoer to answer
- Saying "I'm here for sudoroom", or "My voice is my passport"
- Waiting for an awesome sudoer to come and let you in
- Saying thank you!
Door Open Indicator
This project will detect if the Inside Door is open and share that information.
Our current plan involves using a TI MSP4302553 via the TI Launch Pad to generate a tone. When the door is closed, the tone will stop. Anything that can pickup the audio will be able to detect if the door is open. We have a python script that does just that. Here is a picture of the tone generator in progress:
Outside Facing Door
You can also open the outside facing door using an EM41000 Family RFID Tag and the Parallax RFID Card Reader. Read more about RFID Door Access
In addition you can use the Keypad to get in. Learn more about Keypad Door Access
Sudoroom has its own tiny hallway with trash cans and a private elevator opening. The hallway is technically outside Sudoroom, and the door separating it should be locked when nobody's around. As the elevator is the primary path for automated entry, this door's lock will be controlled by a tiny Raspberry Pi. Some preliminary info about this box:
SSH is KEY-ONLY. Contact Max, Yardena, or Bill for the key. :)
"Tamale" will implement an HTTP/CURL entry system with Max's script doorman.py, a tornado-based webserver written in python. When a visitor accesses a secret URL, Tamale will activate a motor that turns a key in the dead bolt.
- ISSUE: You need to push into the door for the unlocking mechanism to work. (this is a feature until we prevent accidental remote unlocking)
- ISSUE: The server does not autostart upon reboot
- ISSUE: Upon rebooting or reconnecting, the device may not work well. You may need to fiddle with the ground cable.
- NOTE: Please contact Max or Yardena or Jae or Andrew for the secret.
- NOTE: You can also unlock the door by appending '_close'.