It is almost summer 2019, which means we are going to redo our floor!
How? We don't know yet!
Sudoroom is ~1500sqft. The entire bocce ball court is ~2800sqft.
things to buy
- more nail shoes
- really nice squeegees
- clear area
- scrape gum & shit off
- pressure wash or mop?
- let it dry
- grind/mill concrete down to the clean stuff
- acid etching w/ clean-n-etch stuff?
- fill deep gashes w/cement or plaster or epoxy
- box in area with wood
- primer - soaks down, bonds with concrete (usually water based)
- do we need the oil-stop kind? is there oil in our concrete?
- sand broadcast to prep for self-levelling stuff?
- solvent-based: doesn't like humidity, high VOC, unsafe indoors
- water-based: much lower VOC
- solids-based: no VOC, best but more expensive
- are they all 2-part? A+B (resin + hardener)?
- Rust-O-Leum EpoxyShield (cheap at home depot, only 2 colors)
- Muscle Gloss (very expensive)
- 1 base coat w/black paint, 1 top coat w/glitter? I love this video - they are using one of these products but method is probably similar for other brands
- "normally 4.5 gallons would cover 700sqft of concrete, but sand absorbs it, you'll need 2-3x as much" (so ~9 gallons for sudo)
- 1lb glitter per gallon of epoxy