Difference between revisions of "Infographics"
|Line 1:||Line 1:|
= Overview =
= Overview =
Revision as of 18:08, 27 May 2013
- Learn to take complex data and condense information into powerful graphics that spur action resulting in positive economic and social change.
- Leave the session with a flyer, a powerpoint slide or a web graphic.
We'll review examples from the famous Tufte Book Visualizing Information. We'll also work with SudoRoom resident mathematicians to show how powerfully data can be visualized and change the course of events. We'll also learn from lessons made by famous comic book artists such as R. Crumb, Art Spiegelman, matt Groenig and Lynda Barry.
Open Source Tools
SudoRoom is an open-source space.
We use open-source tools.
Focus will be on sketching infographics on pen and paper instead of focusing too much on an internet start-up that preassembles infographics for you.
Drawing will also enable you to escape the smart-art cliches found in most powerpoint presentations.
Good open source software:
Possible source data to work with
Sources from SudoRoom & the Public School
We are all smart, opinionated people working towards positive social change. We'd love to draw as many interesting people with smart opinions as possible.
- User:Maximilianklein Sex ratios in Wikidata, wikipedia & the VIAF -http://hangingtogether.org/?p=2877
- Community Democracy Project
Around the net
- Ryan K Fishman Portfolio http://www.behance.net/gallery/Homeless-Youth-Infographic/1154207