Just enough Sketch-up to pretend you can 3d model
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- WHEN 2pm on Saturday the 16th of March.
- DURATION For 2 hours
- LOCATION sudo room
- PRICE $0
- NUTSHELL Live Sketchup and print tutorial.
- Understand the workflow (Idea>Design>STL>Slice>Print).
- IDEA a miniature plate for canapes and appetizers that is ring and allows you to hold a drink in the same hand.
- DESIGN we'll make a 3d digital representation in sketchup
- STL gloss over this detail and leave it for another class
- SLICE gloss over this detail and leave it for another class
- PRINT marvel, and take home.
- 3D Printing Theory
- Basic Shapes
- Shape Manipulation
- Advanced Shapes
- Slic3r slicing software (in a minor way)
- Repetier Host Printer Software (in a minor way)
- How to manually adjust the 3d printer in times of crisis.
- Come with a laptop with sketchup installed there's a free version for Windows and Mac. If you don't have this installed you we cannot begin immediately.
- Bring a mouse. Sketchup is much easier with a mouse, and all but impossible to learn with the track pad. Essential.