Konica Minolta Magicolor 2530DL
A networked color laser printer.
Printing from Linux
Go to printing and add a new network printer. It should detect the printer on the network after a few seconds and let you install it without any issues.
From Other, or Troubleshooting
If the printer cannot be detected or does not work, follow these steps:
- Download the latest version foo2lava which has full instructions -- I did the following:
$ wget -O foo2zjs.tar.gz http://foo2zjs.rkkda.com/foo2zjs.tar.gz
$ tar -zxf foo2zjs.tar.gz*Note there's a typo on the original instructions
$ make install
$ ./getweb 2530# Get Konica Minolta magicolor 2530 DL .ICM files (PICK
$ sudo make cups
$ system-config-printer# Or use other option on foo2lava
- "For a networked Konica Minolta magicolor 2530 DL, I used a "Queue Type" "HP JetDirect" and set "Host:" to the IP address of the printer and "Port:" to 9100."
Printing from Windows
On Windows 7 64-bit, the printer is not found automatically nor by IP. Factotum could not get it to work; tried the following:
- [Download driver] (tried both vista 64-bit and regular windows 7 (only 32 bit exists)
- Installing. Choose network printer. Found the printer on the network. Selected the printer. Error message: "Could not connect to printer" (or something like that)
- Firewall etc. was disabled.
Printing from OSX
The printer sometimes has problems using the paper if there are only a few sheets left. It will say something like "paper jam" even though there is no actual paper jam. Just add more paper, then open the top of the printer and close it again.
The printer sometimes says something about an incorrect black cartridge. We don't know what it means but it does not seem to affect performance.