Meeting Notes 2013-01-16
Export to HTML, then copy and paste in to here https://toolserver.org/~diberri/cgi-bin/html2wiki/index.cgi select "MediaWiki" format
Welcome fuc k to Sudo Room! What are we all about?? Check out this welcome message and FAQ here: http://sudoroom.org/wiki/Welcome
Attendees: Len, Aestetix, David, Juul, Mischa, Robert, Terry, Costa, Patrik, Shiliya, Sam, Hol, Eddan, Troy, Justin, Bill, Garrett, Jae, Max O, Ray, Jordan, Matt, Meg, Naomi, Craig, Robbie, Ryan B, Vicky, Marina, Eric
3. fiscal solvency
4. amendments to the compact
6. conflict resolution
7. discussion overflow
- 0. Introductions
- Introduction to overflow format and stack with hand signals.
- fill out your user profile on the wiki :) http://sudoroom.org/wiki/Users
- 1. updates - 10 minutes max
- 1 person per topic, 1 minute maximum
- Kopimists - http://sudoroom.org/wiki/Kopimism - meet on Sundays at 1pm.
- Writing a book and a publishing platform
- Looking into PirateBox and LibraryBox
- Morning Math - Tues & Thurs 8-9:30am
- Morning Code - Mondays and Wednesdays 8am - 9:30am
- O(n log n) space
- Friday Filosophy - 12pm-?
- sudo radio - still working on livestream/dj set up
- RSVP for CORE I class: http://sudoroom.org/wiki/CORE_I_RSVP
- Education meet up - a date/time?
- NymRights meetup (happened before this meeting)
- Kombucha is ready and so is coffee!
- Rusty: Sudo Room Fundraiser at The Vagabond Ballroom Feb 9th: Cupidity (endorsement?)
- ~15 people prelim. rsvp
- 2. Announcements - 10 minutes max
- 1 person per bullet, 30 sec max
- (Protocol: Add to this pad during the week)
- sunday night cleanup time 7pm: http://sudoroom.org/ai1ec_event/cleaning-of-natural-decay/?instance_id=23301
- and after the big meetings on Wednesdays!
- sign up to lead a class/workshop as part of our Today I Learned series!: http://sudoroom.org/wiki/Today_I_Learned
- FIRST "Today I Learned" this Sat., 1/19: "Polymer Clay Millefiori, a hands on introduction to fractals"
- Your announcment here:
- Hol: model rocket build session, followed 1-3 weeks later by a launch (possibly in the desert w/campout) timing TBD
- Jenny: Techno-Activism 3rd Mondays at Noisebridge: https://www.noisebridge.net/wiki/Technoactivism_Mondays
- Mischa: new sign
- 3. Fiscal Solvency - 10 minutes max
- Exchequer presents 2 minutes
- Fiscal Solvency Sheets https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0At_6qzhQZBX8dHU0bWZaNkxpSkcyeG5WMVRwMVQ4aWc#gid=0
- Member list and membership contributions sheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0ApmrUsz7z5DodENRRkJpak9MUGJLWVpUeTJ0NXRFbXc#gid=0
- 4. amendments to the compact - 10 minutes max
- 10 minutes of discussion per changes�
- To draft changes to the Articles of Association, http://sudoroom.org/mediawiki/index.php?title=Articles_of_Association%2FDraft&diff=1675&oldid=1466
- safe space
- 5. meta-organization - 10 minutes max
- Why Berkeley deserves people like us� Process: Riseup Pad throughout the week --> reminder about Wed. mtg + last call for agenda additions (on Tues.) --> notetaking during meeting --> Post to wiki --> Post to mailing list (newsletter style) today was awesome wrt meta-organizing!
- EASY WIKI TO-DOs we can start tonight :)
- education page
- onboarding/faq/sudoroom history => partially done. could use more!
- how to pay your membership.
- suggestion: a sign letting people know the ownership of things right when they enter the space
- Project / task management software for Sudo: Redmine or Open Atrium
- ^^^ procedure for breaking projects into independently hackable subsystems with predefined interfaces - hol
- 6. conflict resolution - 10 minutes max - ~a million minutes ;)
- updates from 2 previous complaints raised
- After hearing Timon's perspective, the group informally straw-polled at 12-0-1 votes to table making a decision on this issue until the next meeting, at which point potential solutions can be proposed and we can then use a particular decisions procedure that fits the resolution on the table.
- Eddan proposes that exceptions be made in the case of emergencies and clear communication (re: habitation in the space), and redefining/clarifying "safe space"
- Ask that Timon's behavior not be repeated
- Ask Timon to take a break from the space
- Contractual agreement between the two parties
- Conflict resolution working group
- 22-1-7 Vote to pursue further mediation with a neutral third party
- We need a new toaster.�
- Bill suggests putting Conflict Resolution at the end of the meeting, so those not interested in the process may choose to leave.
- updates from 2 previous complaints raised
- 7 Discussion overflow - extendable
- Randomize order of things that need to be extended
- Scott J wants to suggest holding East Bay Futurist Meetups at Sudoroom.� http://www.meetup.com/East-Bay-Futurists/� Didn't want to add it to calendar without bringing it up in a meeting.� The group generally attracts 4-12 attendees.� Topics include transhumanism, future of economy/capitalism, tech stuff, cog/sci, etc.�