Difference between revisions of "Mesh/11 July 2017"
Jump to navigation Jump to search
(Created page with " peoples open meeting - 11 july 2017 = attendees = * mario, casandra, bullitt, grant, jehan, scott, marc, jenny, sierk, daniel, eve, david (came to BYOI), xnybre, tom, jorrit...")
Latest revision as of 14:40, 16 August 2017
peoples open meeting - 11 july 2017
- mario, casandra, bullitt, grant, jehan, scott, marc, jenny, sierk, daniel, eve, david (came to BYOI), xnybre, tom, jorrit, lesley
- jnny: OOC got a reply back from the IRS re: 2014 late taxes - we owe nothing! still waiting on 2015 (yay!)
- once we hear back re: 2015, we can have a board vote re: taking over OOC's 501c3
- eve is now a *retired* sysadmin - party at jupiter, thursday night! (2181 Shattuck Ave Berkeley, CA 94704at Allston Way Downtown Berkeley)
- panel on the Mozilla / NSF WINS grant
- up to $400K what spend money on? - hardware, bandwidth, hardware production, server costs
- working prototype deadline is june 2018, design deadline
- daniel: 10 access points are up! installed many new data drops!
- jenny: If anyone wants to help with cable management by the door. We're about to paint that whole area.
- the garden mesh has been logging data from a plant in ccl onto the server
- jorrit: moved next BYOI to 23rd of September
- grant: proposed theme of 'off the grid'
- marc: sudo room doesn't have a whole lot of activitiy these days. maybe mesh should just take over more of sudo room
- discussion about whether we should or shouldn't lock the mesh area
- rfid bracelets?
- card swipe?
- for now, jenny has a combo lock. will share code with the signal group (ask if you're not on it)
- psychz has shut down our exit server, demanding proof that we're not hosting the infringing content. setting up new exit server tonight and tomorrow.
- sonic is building out their own fiber - right now mostly in the mission - full gigabit, $70/month, sharing allowed
- check sonic.net for coverage area if you know anyone in SF who might have line of site to the east bay
- mario, cassandra, jorrit, scott
- grant: realized that to get the garden nodes meshing, they'd all have to be woken up at the same time
- storage issue of storing all network info as well as all the sensor data
setting up new server
- juul, david, tom, eve, lesley
working on ipv6 support
- xnybre has experience, can help enable support for ipv6 on sudomesh home routers
- jehan, eve, grantu
- add more folks to accounts@sudomesh (jorrit, scott, grant, jehan, ?)
- send notice to mesh list that exit server is down [jenny]
- provide proof for psychz.net (screenshot the output of 'ls -r' at root?)