Mesh/28 May 2019

From Sudo Room
Revision as of 14:57, 2 June 2019 by Eenblam (talk | contribs) (= Breakout Groups)
(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)
Jump to: navigation, search

People's Open Network Weekly Meeting - 28 May 2019 7:30pm-9pm "Today is Pungenday, the 2nd day of Confusion in the YOLD 3185"

Agenda

  • Introductions and Meeting Roles (10 mins)
  • Check in on previous action items (5 mins)
  • Updates & Reportbacks (20 mins)
  • Next Sunday (5 mins)
  • Check in on ongoing projects (10 mins)
  • Proposal X: (15 mins)
  • Discussion Y: (15 mins)
  • Weekly updates/check-ins (10 mins)
  • Action Items (5 mins)
  • Breakout Groups

Introductions

Introduce yourself: Name; Preferred Pronoun; Icebreaker Response; BRIEF Announcements

  • Icebreaker question: how do you like to measure time?
  • benny - he/him - in minutes. normally. in measurements of self-exhaustion. in nanoseconds if i have my bracelet with me.
  • deniz - he/him met benny through a friend ari--work in arts/film, been here ~6/7 months! mostly here to listen. How I measure time is with my heartbeathe
  • juul - he/him - how quickly or slowly other people appear to be speaking
  • jenny - she/her - in decisions and revisions, which a minute will unwind (who knows their T. S. Elliott)
    • We got accepted by Mobile Citizen!
  • eenblam - he/they - reminderbot lets me know when it's thursday
  • eve- she - time between ice ages
  • robb - he/him - eons
  • john-mark - he/they - seconds, because if your meeting is at eight, and your clock says 8:00, you're probably late (better late than never - null)👍)
  • Null (remote)- he/him - in pico-sec you have one life to live so live it fully.
  • alex - i used to be involved in sudomesh quite a bit--was responsible for some crappy code here and there and stuff like that. a lot of debugging. i measure time in seconds.

Meeting Roles

Check in on previous action items

Check previous meeting minutes at https://sudoroom.org/wiki/Mesh/Minutes and paste action items below: CAVEAT: Some of these are SUPER OLD

  • ping paxio again, forever @bennlich
  • make an 0.3.1 firmware release and add link to walkthrough @bennlich
  • create wiki page about EMF Radiation @sierk @tunabananas
  • any reply from LOLSpace? @tunabananas
    • last april: wifi has no wifi
  • poke ryan about marina @tunabananas
  • should we plan to go to cal sailing open house june 16th, sunday, 1--4pm -https://www.cal-sailing.org/activities/csc-open-house
    • reply via Ryan from Toeknee: " I spoke to Ryan Alder yesterday. Sounds like they are waiting on the manager approval for Monkey Brain's Proposal. If you want put your pole next to their Flagpole, you'll likely need to peak to the Marina. BTW, Cal Sailing just put up a 30ft pole for our radio antenna which is next to our clubhouse. If you guys want to piggy back on the same pole it should be fine. No need for climbing. Easy access."
    • jenny, benny are available june 16th
  • e-mail jonah and ask about richmond street light internet @bennlich
    • didn't do this
  • berkeley light pole mounting research @robb
    • didn't do this
  • rochdale mount this sunday w/ movie night after?
    • didn't do this
  • maybe research antenna range calculator--people are always asking about that @bennlich
  • schedule HE server install / hike @bennlichm
    • w00t @bennlich @null and @mux

Node Mounts & Outreach

     “Tis an ill wind that blows no minds”  
 ―      Malaclypse the Younger, Principia Discordia 

Weekly updates/check-ins

Check previous meeting minutes at https://sudoroom.org/wiki/Mesh/Minutes and paste weekly update items below:

Other Updates & Reportbacks

Bugs/Technical

Recent issues: https://peoplesopen.net/issues. For a list of recent Github activity, see the widget at the bottom of https://peoplesopen.net/learn/development/.

Node Mounts Trello: https://trello.com/invite/b/DtzngKaM/49e1c21fc9da199fcdeceb8623b5117a/node-mounts

Communications & Events

Hell is reserved exclusively for them that believe in it. Further, the lowest Rung in Hell is reserved for them that believe in it on the supposition that they'll go there if they don't. .

 -- Principia Discordia
  • Jenny: Approved by mobile citizen!!! Woo!!

Comms Trello: https://trello.com/invite/b/f3ugMPNU/94033ee6c2cef93fc1b1637b727c902a/sudo-mesh-communications // Events Trello: https://trello.com/invite/b/Y3XfDK85/2b6fcb4fa92788609692a53a96fb4614/peoples-open-events

Internal Logistics / Finance

If you can master nonsense as well as you have already learned to master sense, then each will expose the other for what it is: absurdity.

-- Principia Discordia

Internal Logistics & Bureaucracy Trello: https://trello.com/invite/b/LzVQlW3X/1bb8bd543c8633688175365d2554c2c2/internal-logistics-bureaucracy-brainstorms

  • Jenny: Sent in our 990EZ (federal) and 199N (State) tax forms last week (nonprofit deadline is May 15). I'd imagined we'd have had to file the full forms, but even with the grants and donations from last year (totaling ~$122K), our average over 3 years was still only $42K since we made virtually no income in 2017 and 2016. Forms were digitally filed here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Dx8p0GPu1aq0FExz7kf90AX6xzec0M0o
  • Need to coordinate a bank party to a) remove Matt Senate from the account and b) add designated Finance WG people (Mai, Benny, Ben, Null? there may be a limit, will ask) - all signers AND Matt have to be physically present at the bank to do so (or we attempt once more to get our account with Beneficial functional).
    • I'll be wherever I need to be to help with this. Thanks -Null
  • Moving forward, Reimbursements and payments on invoices will be issued on the Third Friday of the month
  • The board also needs to sign a 'Self-Dealing Resolution' whenever we decide to pay an officer or director

Sundays

Discussions & Proposals

Proposal

  • eenblam and others: let's start doing every other Tuesday as hack nights. Want a temperature check here, then Loomio if well-received.
    • robb: tyler suggested having increasing seriousness/structure of meetings over the course of the month, then reset.
    • jmg - if it doesn't work, nothing prevents us from going back.
  • Consenso?
    • yes - proceed to Loomio to gather additional consensus.

Discussion: Disaster Radio

  • juul: if anyone is interested in helping out w/ disaster radio, we're going to start working with the Indian team every wednesday at 10:30pm

Discussion: Visit the mushroom farm

  • mai: Anyone who's interested in DWeb Camp — there'll be a visit to the mushroom farm (where camp will be) on Sat June 8 with Ben of ToMesh to help with some preliminary calculations for the mesh, like radio range tests. Anyone planning on going to Camp wanna go visit to help out and check out the space?
    • benny: im interested
      • jnny me three!
    • Also eenblam
    • I'd like to go null

Discussion: Quarterly Mesh Report

  • eenblam: We decided to do this at the last board meeting. Need to determine how we want to go about it.
    • Decide on requirements for report
    • Decide on compensation for each report
      • jenny - we should allocate $500/report for someone to dig up all this stuff to ensure responsible reporting.
        • eenblam - or say, $400 for report and $100 to validate and copyedit
    • Null 366.30 for report + 133.70 for validate and copy edit - just a suggestion.
  • Interested parties: breakout after.

Discussion: CC Camp

Discussion: Labs

  • eenblam - small announcement: I've started working on (currently easy) networking labs you can run on your desktop. Contributions would be awesome!

Action Items

Copy and paste from previous action items above, delete completed ones, and add new ones:

  • recruit a team to go to cal sailing open house june 16th, sunday, 1--4pm -https://www.cal-sailing.org/activities/csc-open-house
  • talk to native health center folks @tunabananas
  • e-mail jonah and ask about richmond street light internet @bennlich
  • berkeley light pole mounting research @mux
  • mobile citizen update @tunabananas
  • send out self-dealing resolution loomio thread @tunabananas
  • fiber internet via sonic or at&t at omni? @jmg @null
  • Quarterly reports @eenblam
  • Hack nights proposal @eenblam

Breakout Groups

At the end of the meeting, break out into small groups to hack on or discuss specific topics.

Last Meeting Notes