This page documents various hardware experiments started 5th of July 2016. Using new types of hardware as home nodes and external antennas and wifi usb sticks.
- Nexx WT3020F - Very cheap home node ($12.50)
- Cheap: $12.50 shipped
- Single band 2.4 GHz
- Two PCB trace antennas. No plugs, not even internal.
- Two ethernet interfaces
- One USB plug for host mode USB
- Tiny physical form factor
- USB powered (comes with usb cable but no power adaptor)
- Not AR71xx (ramips mt7620)
The firmware was flashed via the existing web UI which is available on 192.168.8.1 with user/pass admin/admin.
- RT5572N - Dual-band single radio USB wifi adapter ($6)
- Two PCB trace radios
- Two u.fl connectors
- Does either 2.4 GHz or 5 GHz
opkg update opkg install kmod-rt2800-lib kmod-rt2800-usb kmod-rt2x00-lib kmod-rt2x00-usb
Seems to support an arbitrary number of ad-hoc/client/master mode wifi interfaces (tested up to 8).