Difference between revisions of "Mesh/Makenode"
(Created page with "makenode is a script that finishes the configuration for People's Open nodes flashed with the sudowrt firmware, see https://github.com/sudomesh/makenode. This script is in th...")
Revision as of 00:04, 13 February 2018
makenode is a script that finishes the configuration for People's Open nodes flashed with the sudowrt firmware, see https://github.com/sudomesh/makenode.
This script is in the process of being deprecated, below is ongoing documentation this deprecation.
"Early alpha status. Things may break."
What is does makenode change?
- tunnelhook -> callback called by config_load tunneldigger
- authorized keys, i.e. adds developer keys -> remove? or add more people? opt-in option in dashboard
- dhcp -> dnsmasq, mesh pool, private pool
- network -> loopback, lan, adhoc, open, priv
- notdhcpserver -> extender node static ips
- polipo -> daemonised caching web proxy
- rpcd, -> sets ubus username and pass (from where?)
- snmpd -> managment/monitoring, pulls in operator email/name, presumably from makenode.js
- system -> sets hostname and log ip? from makenode.js?
- tunneldigger- > sets tunnel broker ip, l2tp interface, upstream, downstream bandwidth (related to bug #2), and tunnel hook callback script
- uhttpd -> http server, sets index directory, ubus, cgi-bin, locale
- log -> copied from openwrt? purpose?
- rt_tables -> moved to makenode by MaxB, unclear purpose? reverses values for ...?
babeld.conf -> allows babel to run on l2tp, adhoc, and open interface, (could address bug #13 here)
banner -> presents version info, move back to firmware
dnsmasq.conf -> excepts interfaces l2tp0, adhoc0, eth0, why?