Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Meetup hosting
- Cheap, D.I.Y. sensor "throwies" (throw simple sensors like light, sound, etc so they'll stick to anything and you can measure remotely). Need to be under $20 each.
- DNA bar-coding projects!
- Check December Issue of Consumer Reports
- Cool, convenient kits from http://cofactorbio.com/
- Another kit: testing for GMOs! Biocurious is a resource.
- EMG scanning muscles, control things with small potentials
- Some biosensing resources (code, parts...) http://makezine.com/26/primer/
- Robotics, mechanics
- Hack a roomba to take air samples matched with GPS data (use a rolled up filter to create a timestamp).
- Maybe start with a cheap little platform like this one
- Note: we have a bag with CD drive parts, to scavenge motors and gears from - help yourself!
- Bio printing using old inkjet printers.
- Open WiFi Oaksterdam
- Possibly re-implementations from labitat by Marc:
- Magnetic-strip card ID system (use any of your the cards in your wallet as sudo room ID)!
- Fridge food checkout debit/credit system
- QR code (phone-scanable barcodes) system for all tools, objects in the space with the barcode linking you to the object's page on our wiki. Essentially, create a history and detailed set of documentation for all sudoroom objects.
- Virtual Private Server (VPS) service for member usage.
- Local, physical server for general mayhem and learning for anyone who comes into the space!
- Repair Cafe services for revivifying junked items Amsterdam Example in NYTimes