Our slogan is: HACK THE PLANET! Read more About Sudo Room's vision, values, mission, and code of conduct.
We use and share technology to promote social justice, sustainability, education and solidarity.
We strive to be an open, transparent, horizontal and welcoming community where all are supported and free to learn, create, gather, collaborate, work, play and more!
We are exclusively volunteer-run and supported through donations!
- Email us at info [at] sudoroom [dot] org
- Stop by any event on our calendar
- Join our discussion email list
- Follow us on Instagram: @sudo.room
- Check out some of the Cool Projects we are working on, or look at our available tools and work stations
- For the most recently-updated list of upcoming events, see: Sudo Room Calendar and Omni Commons Global Calendar
Come hack on hardware. build stuff! take apart small robotic animals, electronics & make things and if you can't make it there physically, we have an ONLINE JITSI PORTAL
|Sudoroom Party / Meetings
|Every Wednesday at 8pm is the Official meeting of organization, bureaucracy and fun. All other Wednesdays are an informal and if you can't make it there physically, we have an ONLINE JITSI PORTAL|
(First Tuesday of the month 7:30ish-9p)
A group working on building a community wireless mesh network in the East Bay. We have open meetings every week, but first Tuesdays there's no agenda, so it's a good time to come by and ask questions!
Edit this list here: Recurring_Meetings
Check out the tools and Work Stations we have at Sudo Room and learn how to incorporate them into your next project
Get inspired! Here's what members are working on:
- Hammond Organ (ongoing as of March 2022, User:kent, multiple contributors)
First brought to Omni in 2015. Ongoing restoration of a Hammond organ and Leslie speaker.
- 3D Printing at SudoRoom (ongoing as of April 2022, multiple contributors)
There are a set of maintained 3D printers that members use to create cool objects.
- Projection Mapping (April 2022, User:Romyilano)
Projection Mapping uses everyday video projectors, but instead of projecting on a flat screen, light is mapped onto any surface, turning common objects of any 3D shape into interactive displays.
Edit this list here: Cool Projects