Joined 29 November 2012
Hi! I am juul, also known as marc juul. template:ssh
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: https://juul.io/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/juul
Juul is currently based in Oakland, California.
currently active projects
- The bionet: A decentralized network of biology labs sharing wetware
- People's Open Network / sudo mesh, a wifi mesh network in the east bay.
- DisasterRadio - A low-bandwidth disaster-recovery mesh based on software defined radios.
- Real Vegan cheese using cheese protein produced by genetically modified yeast.
- Co-organizing sudo room, a hackerspace in Oakland, CA.
- Co-organizing Counter Culture Labs, a science hacking lab in Oakland, CA.
- Fread: A free and open source operating system for e-ink devices (pre-release status).
less active projects
- freestore.cc: The Online Free Store. Software similar to GNU MediaGoblin, but written in node.js, using leveldb, focused on decentralized deployment and aiming to become a viable alternative to e.g. the iTunes store, netflix, etc. using only freely licensed content (pre-release status).
- Some code here which is a partial node.js port of Labitrack 2.0, but currently re-writing again based on leveldb and streams.
- Open microbiology hardware, software and wetware tools for citizen scientists.
- Currently building PCR machine prototypes. More info coming at sudo science.
- Some in-progress code for TeaCR prototype and drylab tools
- Marine biology / scuba hacking: I'm learning marine biology, mostly through self-study. I'm trying to use my existing skills (microbiology, IT) to gain a foothold in the field. Let me know if you want to co-learn/teach or colloborate!
- Hackpacks: Ultra-cheap backpacks with a basic hacking tool set aimed at 14 to 22 year old hackers.
- To be combined with workshops teaching the use of the tools.
- Semi-automated documentation and collaboration infrastructure systems for hackerspaces.
- Hackerspace tools, projects and skill tracking software.
- Auto-documentation station - A two-click video documentation station.
- Mycelia: A cross-hackerspace project, skill and tool sharing system. An easily hackable social network focused on projects and collaboration.
- fauxturkeybrew a ~$200 all-grain outdoor 25 liter beer brewing setup that minimizes workload.
ssh public key
ssh-rsa AAAAB3NzaC1yc2EAAAABIwAAAQEA2KHTczNsQOgT6e2nVhF5ewdGjufyqghmbjHeecw0F5LttYJf46QMhdsQvnY45yqV4hiNOjwhWvDBgupA1E+RoLZWR7433cEkjYc1X6tdbiWHa2n+pWP8CEQKmYrdUnUyg/HRdRUQ9wov4pfNY2nVlsgV5jNZN/YyvN5zu1lcKv4OGTH5xfaL2ME6NbrcWhgdUkGFHBXIA9EBfQVEk/YMdllS0J2r+so8xJ7002N0ZI2vpj7/hCWH3CEv9897BhHZRKlCRpRyOVr5eysNRVIO+FX9nb2/NeGw6jYYWBjslEbXNSahzIFmtQ4LdtoSwFiXLN9LoPxOw08Rx2AdrFUdQw== juul