Current Projects at SudoRoom
Doge needs more projects!
- SudoRoom: A Love Story a visual novel game about a person that is... you! who comes to SudoRoom and discovers all the neat things you can do. You eventually learn how to save the world too!
- ArtMakingParty event we put on after the Oakland First Friday
- Super Focus Club SudoRoom is a hackerspace, a place created for hacking. Lately it's gotten very tough for hackers to actually hack here -- we're getting pulled to do publicity for outside companies, social work, and more instead of actually hacking. Let's get back to the basics.
- HackDisability part of a greater cyborg human category for dealing with disabilities and aids such as crutches, coke bottle glasses, etc.
- Beginner Arduino Projects at SudoRoom - on the Sudoroom github - please join in! https://github.com/sudoroom/Beginner-Arduino-Projects
I like to build things. I prefer hacking and learning by doing rather than hearing a lot of excellent speaker talk. I'd rather be moving the movement than posturing to "lead a movement." I like passion. I don't see a lot of it lately. I see it at Sudo room more than I do at most places.
- I favor collaboration and doocracy. Please work with me on the sudoroom github - http://github.com/sudoroom
- I do not enjoy listening to a lot of presentations and pitches. I prefer doing stuff.
- If I'm wearing headphone I need to focus, please let me concentrate + do not interrupt me. I'm not trying to be rude, I just don't have a lot of time.
I love living in Oakland.
- One of my friends Joe Reagle Wrote a nice book on collaboration in Wikipedia. He outlines a lot of interesting situations and ways people resolve conflict on Wikipedia. It might be useful to people in an open source hackerspace as well. "http://reagle.org/joseph/2010/gfc/"
- When I lived in Berlin I would often eat at Volkskuechen, which are these punk rock dinners that cost a $1. The emphasis was on making food, not buying it from a restaurant, or scavenging by dumpster diving. The food was usually better than what you got in restaurants. The focus was on creating cheap, healthy ways to eat food together. There were no book deals or bloggers or "thought leaders" people just did it http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tuntenhaus_(Berlin)
- C-Base in berlin themes itself as a crashed spaceship. Maybe sudo room would be interested in creating some kind of grand narrative. http://www.c-base.org when I think of sudo i think of grumpy unix sysadmins who look like the comic books store guy from the simpsons. maybe it could be like elvis!