Jump to navigation Jump to search
- electronics 'kits': altoids tins, heat sinks, relays, perf boards, infrared LEDs, ATiny chips, etc; for TV-B-Gones, Custom remote controls, Minty Boosts etc;
- 3 Raspberry Pis w/ HD cameras for the Milliscope, the macroscope and the microsope
- RGB LEDs (especially strips)
- arduinos [old or new, all good!]
- whiteboards that actually work
- whiteboard markers & erasers
- quality streaming video setup!
- directional mic
- hose adapter for generic sink faucet
- another shop vac (seriously, for the CNC!)
- power strips / extension cables (primarily 3-prong)
- trash bags
- relevant books
- soldering irons (consider bringing one to donate for a workshop such as Workshop Weekend or Today I Learned.
- sponges and dishwasher soap for the sink and dishwasher
- the dish detergent at koreana plaza is cheap and works well
- laser cutter
- RAM for Mac Mini (c. 2005) 333 MHz PC2700 DDR SDRAM Non-ECC Unbuffered
Places in which to procure items
Items for sale
- UC Berkeley Overstock / Surplus Store
- 3200 Regatta Blvd., Suite E, Richmond, CA 94804
- Urban Ore (Eco Park)
- 900 Murray Street, Berkeley, CA 94710
- Unwaste store (of Universal Waste Management)
- 721 37th Ave, Oakland, CA 94602
- Hint: Check out the Berkeley flatlands and residential areas around the university for great freepiles (particularly during student move-out times.) ;]
- Tools are ALWAYS welcome
- Laptops, desktops, macs, pcs, etc are almost always welcome because they can be re-purposed easily.
- Raw materials (that aren't too bulky) are almost always welcome: e.g. actual wood, aluminium, steel, wiring, etc.
- Bulky raw materials may be handy on a case-by-case basis.
- Printers are horrible, we can't use them (ink is proprietary and expensive) and they take up too much space.
- Old technology can sometimes be fun, but consider when it should be seen as a relic or as spare parts.
- Depending on the item, User:Matt is willing to facilitate donations of electronic devices, especially ones that can be used for parts, or are in working condition. If there isn't room for your donation, sudoers are likely to make room for re-usable or good stuff.