[sudo-access] [omni-building] [sudo-discuss] help build a motorized front-door opener for omni commons

David Keenan dkeenan44 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 19 21:51:24 PST 2017

Yaa. This all sounds super rad. I imagine we can build the shelf /mounting
plate without much ado as long as we get the depth right. If we use
stainless threaded rod actually we could just make an adjustable height
ceiling-suspended shelf using nuts, with perhaps adjustable l-brackets at
the transom header to provide some lateral / shear support.. We also might
want to add some sort of support or L-bracket for the 2x2 to slide along
and be supported at the non-door end. It won't be a work of art, but on
paper at least it should work.

I'll check in with niki and see if I can come on a Tuesday. I'll go take
measurements of the motor and see about creating this. Are there any
mounting holes by any chance on the motor chassis (I imagine not?)

Best,
David