[sudo-access] door computer down

Jake jake at spaz.org
Wed Aug 29 02:40:53 PDT 2018

the door computer is working in the sense that people are using their cards to
get into the building and it's functioning properly.  there's apparently no
ethernet path to it right now and we don't know why.  Marc just went to check
on the ethernet cable to it.

apparently it was plugged in and working and the link lights were on on the
beaglebone black, but when he unplugged the ethernet and plugged it back in,
the lights went out and didn't come back on.  So he power-cycled it and now it
works.

the beaglebone black has entered some other unpleasant states in the past, for
example i've found it several times simply powered off, even though it had 5V
supply to it.  why did it turn itself off?  who knows.

at some point we should add a function to the arduino (which is already there
to control the door latch and beeper) to power-cycle the beaglebone (or
whatever we replace it with) if it isn't doing what it should for whatever
reason.

-jake