[Cryptoparty] December Cryptoparty plannings!

Jenny Ryan tunabananas at gmail.com
Tue Dec 3 20:42:45 PST 2013

Hi friends!

Sunday, December 15 (a bit less than two weeks away) is the next
cryptoparty!

If you're explicitly CC'd on this message, that means you haven't
joined the sudo cryptoparty mailing list :( It is super low-traffic,
and intended for planning and ideas around our monthly cryptoparties.

I know Yardena has some great ideas on creating a wiki / powerpoint
[wikipoint] guide to common security vulnerabilities. I've been trying
to get in touch with Micah Lee about reprinting his fantastic guide to
crypto tools - if anyone wants to help make that happen, that would be
awesome!

Yardena also suggested a User and Developer track - segmented by 'how
can i be more secure today' and 'how can we help everyone be more
secure in the future.' I'd love to try this out!

User Track
- -email / PGP
- -chat / OTR
- -mobile security

Developer Track
- -new secure mail projects [jaekwon, substack]
- -new secure chat projects

Commence plannings in this thread!

Can folks meet around 5 or 6pm on Sunday, Dec. 8th at sudo room? This
would be immediately following a documentary screening, 'The Battle
for Oscar Grant Plaza,' which I highly recommend:
https://sudoroom.org/ai1ec_event/the-battle-for-oscar-grant-plaza-screening-and-discussion-on-police-accountability/?instance_id=75333

<3
- --
Jenny
http://jennyryan.net
http://sudomesh.org
http://thevirtualcampfire.org
http://technomadic.tumblr.com

- -Laurie Anderson

"Storytelling reveals meaning without committing the error of defining
it."
 -Hannah Arendt

- -Stéphane Mallarmé