[Cryptoparty] December Cryptoparty plannings!

Shawn Lesniak moderkaka at gmail.com
Thu Dec 5 13:24:50 PST 2013

On 2013-12-05 00:17, Josh Shadlen wrote:

> Hi all!
>
> Would there be any interest in a math track? I would be happy to talk
> about some basic attacks on factorization and discrete log (rho, index
> calculus, sieving, pohlig-hellman), and could talk about elliptic curves
> and all that jazz if people are up for it.
>
> I can't go on 12/15 but I'll show up this Sunday!
>
> Josh

I'm very interested in the math of elliptic curve cryptography and would
be very interested in participating as a student.  I am interested in
the factoring, but I feel like the guideline of RSA 1024 taking 2^80
computations is enough for me.

There may be developer track things I could teach, I'd have to think
about it.  Unfortunately there are 2 other events going on on the 15th
that take priority so I won't be able to participate in the December
crypto party.

I could make the planning meeting and pass on some common questions to
anyone who wants to do mobile security.

-Shawn