[Cryptoparty] Cryptoparty plannings!

Jenny Ryan tunabananas at gmail.com
Tue Nov 12 16:40:15 PST 2013

Awesome! So we have myself, Matt, Will and Shawn on board, this I think is
the minimum we need to host a cryptoparty, though more facilitators always
welcome!

Shawn offered to workshop either mobile security or email/PGP. I could do
chat / OTR as that's what I principally use for secure communications...

I'm in Tahoe til Thursday morning, and Thursday eve is pretty busy for me.
We could also maybe just meet at 1pm at Sudo on Sunday to prep? I will try
to prepare a handout for Sunday. I do not currently have time to make a
flyer and coordinate posting :/ but I will do my best to promote online
over the next few days. Also have made some announcements about it at large
events so I think we'll have a good turnout anyway!

Jenny
http://jennyryan.net
http://thepyre.org
http://thevirtualcampfire.org
http://technomadic.tumblr.com

`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`
-Laurie Anderson

 -Hannah Arendt

-Stéphane Mallarmé
~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`

On Tue, Nov 12, 2013 at 10:37 AM, Matthew Senate <mattsenate at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hey all,
>
> I'd like to see a monthly crypoparty event still happen. Interested in
> coordinating, anyone else?
>
> // Matt
>

> On Tue, Nov 12, 2013 at 9:59 AM, Jenny Ryan <tunabananas at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> If I don't hear back from anyone by tomorrow morning, I will be canceling
>> this and possibly all future cryptoparties.
>>
>> I can't do it myself, but I respect that y'all are busy people. Maybe we
>> can do a reboot sometime in 2014.
>>

>> Jenny
>> http://jennyryan.net
>> http://thepyre.org
>> http://thevirtualcampfire.org
>> http://technomadic.tumblr.com
>>
>> `~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`
>>  "Technology is the campfire around which we tell our stories."
>> -Laurie Anderson
>>
>> "Storytelling reveals meaning without committing the error of defining
>> it."
>>  -Hannah Arendt
>>
>> "To define is to kill. To suggest is to create."
>> -Stéphane Mallarmé
>> ~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`
>>

>> On Sun, Nov 10, 2013 at 9:12 PM, Jenny Ryan <tunabananas at gmail.com>wrote:
>>
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> Happy 2nd Sunday, one Sunday away from 3rd Sunday aka Cryptoparty at
>>> sudo room!
>>>
>>> If your name is in the 'To' field it's because you haven't added
>>> yourself to the Cryptoparty list yet but have helped out with past
>>> cryptoparties. It would be awesome to have you join us again next Sunday!
>>>
>>> I think it would be best to start with workshops and do lightning talks
>>> later on if people are interested.
>>>
>>> *1-2pm:* If you come early to plan, I will make a delicious foamy latte
>>> just for you :)
>>> *2-2:30pm:* Introductions, framing, snacks, agenda.
>>> *2:30-4pm: *Workshops:
>>> 1) Email / PGP
>>> 2) TOR and SSL
>>> 3) Mobile Phone security