[DisasterRadio] Old (2013) reflections on user/ethnographic research re: mesh

Jenny Ryan tunabananas at gmail.com
Tue Oct 31 23:07:01 PDT 2017

Hey all,

Was going through archives of research tonight for the Mozilla app for
People's Open and came across some old blog posts from early 2013. I posted
them (retroactively dated) on the People's Open blog, hope that's all
right! Some bits may be useful for putting together the users / communities
/ social impact segments of the grant apps:

   - Occupy Sandy: A Model for Grassroots Community Disaster Relief
   <https://peoplesopen.net/blog/188-2/>
   - How to Make a Mesh: Coalition-Building in Oakland
   <https://peoplesopen.net/blog/how-to-make-a-mesh-coalition-building-in-oakland/>
   - Slow Dev: What the Open Source Software Community Can Learn from
   Anthropologists
   <https://peoplesopen.net/blog/slow-dev-what-the-open-source-software-community-can-learn-from-anthropologists/>
   - Bridging the Physical/Digital Divide: Hyperlocal Networks and
   Community-Based Asset Mapping
   <https://peoplesopen.net/blog/bridging-the-physicaldigital-divide-hyperlocal-networks-and-community-based-asset-mapping/>

Cheers,
Jenny

Help open a people-powered common space in Oakland, California!
https://omnicommons.org/donate

-Laurie Anderson

 -Hannah Arendt

-Stéphane Mallarmé