[DisasterRadio] ticket option for decentralized web summit

leez leez at riseup.net
Mon Jul 30 10:44:18 PDT 2018

Hey y'all, I asked Brewster and Wendy about Disaster Radio comps for the
summit, got this back. If you're down to work cleanup on Thursday night,
holler back! (I have a ticket already, proceeds of backroom EFF deal.)

###
Leez,
We'd love for Disaster Radio folks to attend!

We've extended comp tickets to a large group of Sudomesh folks including
Jenny Ryan in exchange for volunteer hours.
Have you talked to Jenny?  Maybe many people in disaster radio are
already volunteering.

But here's the problem:  every person who comes costs IA $585.  That's
our break even per person. So we need enough people to pay to offset all
the free registrations, and right now, if I sell every single remaining
ticket. we will just break even.

There is one way we could work out a deal-- we need clean up help on
Thursday night from 9PM to 2 AM.  That's right.  It's a gruesome shift,
but we will all be there ourselves striking the Mint.

If your folks are willing to volunteer and really show up for that
shift, we can offer pure comp tix.
(In my experience, getting people to actually show up for that shift
takes a lot of arm-twisting, so you, Leez, would have to guarantee us
that you would make sure they actually came and volunteered Thursday night.)

###

--
♥Ⓐ(ɔ) leez

GPG: https://leez.us/duolc/index.php/s/nCJQf0a4HVrktRY