[DisasterRadio] TTGO boards with Disaster Radio now on Aliexpress

samuk at disroot.org samuk at disroot.org
Mon Nov 25 14:36:06 PST 2019

Thanks Grant

>  I would like to tag a release (0.0.1?) and provide them binaries so that they are shipping it with firmware from a
> particular commit. They should also be able to flash the SPIFFs with the web app, we could provide
> binaries for that as well. Then, you wouldn't necessarily need an SD card.

Sounds great, would it be a lot of work to create the binaries? Would make for an easier install whether or not we decide to allow Lilygo to sell directly.

> then copy the contents of
> web/static (`index.htm` and `bundle.js`) to the SD card. It's a fairly straightforward process, but
> I should create instructions.

Presumably these files are the same each time they are created? So we could just upload the compiled versions to Github for users to drag/drop onto a SD?

> This group generally operates on a consensus basis, so I'd be interested to hear what other people
> who have been involved in its development think.

Great, would be good to hear from anyone who has concerns. The way I see it is that this wouldn't slow down or hinder efforts to create open hardware, but I realise others may have a different view.

> p.s. I would also be cool to display something on the OLED screen when it ships, haven't gotten
> around to that idea though.

A scrolling ticker of the most recent messages would make the device usable without an additional device. Probably over complicated for now though..

2p

Sam