[DisasterRadio] GPS enabled boards.

samuk at disroot.org samuk at disroot.org
Fri Jan 3 03:09:53 PST 2020

Hi all

I spotted these boards yesterday: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000469332610.html They have onboard GPS.

It looks like Grant will try to support them: https://github.com/sudomesh/disaster-radio/issues/33

So if you are thinking of buying some test hardware and have some technical skill they might be a good choice.

I think it would add a lot to the usefulness of the devices.

I guess it would be good to have a coarse or precise setting. If I'm just driving around day to day I may not want to be tracked, If I'm about to go and fight a bushfire I'd probably be happy for people to know exactly where I am.

Are you planning to incorporate a GPS into the custom boards that are under development?

Thanks

Sam