[DisasterRadio] MPPT / Solar

Dean H (KC4KSU) dean.kc4ksu at gmail.com
Thu Jan 16 19:07:50 PST 2020

Have you looked into solar flood lights?  I got the idea from the loraham.org <http://loraham.org/> project.  Remove the LED panel and insert the radio node.  As in this example ( https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32856574541.html <https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32856574541.html> ), for $12 you get solar, charge circuit battery, "IP65 enclosure and physical mounting.  It probably won’t have MPPT, but maybe that can be offset with an extra battery or software geared toward power efficiency.  Some of these flood lights are junk, some are decent, YMMV.

!!Dean