[DisasterRadio] ESP32 without SD Card

grant ggallo102 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 14 10:34:27 PDT 2020

Yes, if your module does not have an SD card connected, it will default to
using the on-board SPIFFS (SPI Flash File System). All you need to do is,
build the web app and flash it to the SPIFFS. Instructions for building the
web app are here,
https://github.com/sudomesh/disaster-radio/tree/master/web#setup (if you
have trouble building the web app, you can also copy the web app files from
the latest release
<https://github.com/sudomesh/disaster-radio/releases/tag/0.2.0> into the
`web/static` folder of the cloned repo). Instructions for flashing the web
app to the SPIFFS are here,
https://github.com/sudomesh/disaster-radio#building-and-uploading-spiffs-image

Note, you can also use the BLE app without flashing anything to the SPIFFS
or using an SD. Just uncomment the `-DUSE_BLE` line in the platform.ini
file for your board
<https://github.com/sudomesh/disaster-radio/blob/master/platformio.ini#L43>
before building and flashing the firmware and then install the DisasterRadio
BLE Chatbox App
<https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=tk.giesecke.disaster_radio&hl=en_US>
on an Android device.

Let me know if you run into any issues, you can submit them on our github,
https://github.com/sudomesh/disaster-radio/issues

-grant (@paidforby)