[DisasterRadio] disaster.radio monthly hangs

grant grant at peoplesopen.net
Fri Jun 25 12:52:23 PDT 2021

Hey Everybody,

Due to a recent up-tick in general interest in DISASTER.RADIO, I'm
considering throwing monthly virtual hangs. I almost did this a year
ago, but was so burnt out from "virtual" everything back mid-pandemic
that I kept putting it off. With things more "normal" in some parts of
the world, what better time to dive back into your computer screens?!

If we get a critical mass people interested and are able to come to a
consensus on a time/day, then maybe we can make this into a recurring
thing, (like the second monday of each month or something).

The purpose of these hangs will (mostly) be to provide a time/space for
new contributors to ask questions. Eventually, it could grow into more
of a status update / social hour / hack session if people really start
working on stuff.

Anyway, if you are interested, fill in the doodle with the times that
work best for you. Note, all times are US/Eastern Time because that's
usually my locale, I know we've got people in the UK and Pacific (and
maybe other places?), so I hope we can come up with a time that works.

https://doodle.com/poll/q9awsmmx2bgpmtdp?utm_source=poll&utm_medium=link

Please fill in the doodle before Friday, July 2nd, because I'd like to
send out an invite by then.

Much love,

grant (@paidforby)