[fread.ink] What is the status? I would like to use fread.ink to get able again to use a half broken kindle

vrkej54g at redchan.it vrkej54g at redchan.it
Sat Dec 8 08:04:30 PST 2018

Hello. I know about the project for few months and would love to see it
getting to a working state. Thanks to Juul for the awesome work.

Why fread.ink is the only way for me to be able to use the kindle i
have:
My kindle have a half-broken screen. I have took i apart. I learned that
the signals for the screen get send out from above the screen. This
explains why the top half of the screen is working.

With the closed source crap from amazon i cant do anything any more with
this device. Just Free Software can make this device usable again.

What i would like to do with the device: I would like to make a
wall-stand for it and use it as my ssh/serial-todo-list. The device then
use power only when i add some new things to my todo list or complete
some of the things on the list.
I would like to control it with my Openwrt router that runs 24/7. Its
not a problem to connect a usb-ttl adapter to the usb-port of my router
and then use this to write on the e-ink screen of the opensourced kindle
with model Number D01100.

Thank you Juul for the great project. Thanks to this project i wont have
to throw away a working device with half-broken screen when i can
configure in the software the amount of working pixels of the screen.