[mesh-dev] My iphone is unhappy

Marc Juul juul at labitat.dk
Wed Sep 24 20:21:48 PDT 2014

I am running iOS 5.0.1 on my iphone. It's connected to peoplesopen.net from
sudo room and has

 IP: 10.1.1.192
 Gateway and DNS: 10.42.0.99

I'm not getting any connectivity, web or otherwise.

However, my laptop is also connected to peoplesopen.net from sudoroom and
has the same gateway and dns and has IP 10.1.1.246 and works perfectly.

I can even ping 10.1.1.192 from my laptop and I can connect to the iphone
via ssh and I can even connect out to the internet from my iphone from the
command line using ssh and DNS resolve works!

But when I try to do anything from the phone's GUI, web browser, or even
IRC, it just sits there loading, trying to connect.

Could this be something to do with the captive portal?

Hrummm. Max if you want to borrow my phone to test you totes can.

--
marc/juul