[mesh-dev] A little late

max b maxb.personal at gmail.com
Tue Apr 21 12:12:13 PDT 2015

Ok attached are the most recently compiled ipks. I'm fairly confident that
they match juul's most recent commits.

Also - I was looking into it, and I think that as long as we're targeting
supported openwrt chipsets, we can probably wire up a continuous
integration server to build our packages automatically.

This unfortunately won't work for the time being with our whole firmware.
Re-building the entire buildroot takes too long (at least for the free and
easily configurable options that I encountered). Other options include:

 - A VPS which has a git hook or other command which rebuilds the entire
buildroot whenever the code changes.
 - We build a sudowrt SDK or imagebuilder or whatever that is. That would
substantially reduce the amount of time that firmware builds would take,
but would also require us to rebuild the sdk/imagebuilder every time that
we want to patch kernel, etc.
 - We more or less keep the system we have, except that we add some scripts
which rebuild parts of the firmware. I know that juul spent a long time
looking over the image builder and I've spent enough time looking over it
to know that it's not particularly easy, but it would be pretty awesome to
at least have a script which will go through all the steps to update a
package feed, clean all of the relevant lingering files, and (re)build a
package.

Just some thoughts.