[mesh-dev] Hacknight progress

Marc Juul juul at labitat.dk
Wed Jun 17 06:18:48 PDT 2015

We tested the extender node / home node auto-configuration and verified
that it works for extending the open network (peoplesopen.net ssid) but not
the adhoc/mesh network. The adhoc is more difficult since adhoc networks
cannot be bridged.

Max got the extender node firmware working on a Nanobridge, work on porting
the TP-Link home-node configuration over to a WD My Node and found a couple
of nothdcp bugs.

I worked on getting the adhoc extending to work. It's not quite there yet
but it seems like a combination of relayd and igmpproxy should simulate a
bridge adequately. This adds a bit of complexity but it doesn't seem like
there's any way around it. This pseudo-bridge setup is the last crucial
part of the whole notdhcp / extender node adventure. I am hopeful that we
can finish it this Thursday. A fallback solution is to just run babeld on
the extender nodes.

--
marc/juul