[mesh-dev] [omni-discuss] New Internet

max b maxb.personal at gmail.com
Tue Mar 3 15:11:57 PST 2015

Awesome - thanks a bunch! Would've gladly been there if I'd known when
exactly it was going to happen.

I believe we've already likely paid for the old services for March, which
is kind of a good thing, just in case there are any early hiccups.

Just for the record, we think that LMI will be providing us with something
like 70Mbps down/30Mbps up (although the figures seem a little murky so
only time will tell), whereas our previous connection was ~25Mbps
down/2Mbps up. The up speeds have the possibility of significantly
improving general network performance, as for every packet that you get,
your host sends back an acknowledgement packet, and without the steady flow
of those acknowledgements, you can't maintain a connection with a server.

Anyhow, thanks again for holdin it down :-)