[mesh-dev] Nanobeam and assumptions

Nemesis nemesis at ninux.org
Thu Mar 12 03:27:17 PDT 2015

We compared performances of Bullet and NanoBridge with stock firmware
and OpenWRT AA, there were no major differences.

Don't know about 802.11 AC though.

Mitar is right regarding Point to multipoint links. Although my
experience with ptmp links is that cause all sorts of (human) problems
when the community grows because most people tend to connect there
(because they don't need to ask somebody else to buy a new device) and
then owners of ptmpt nodes start thinking about restricting access and
then all sort of fights happen. I spoke about this with Leandro Navarro
of Guifi.net and he told me they have a lot of these cases too and had
in some cases they had deal with them with community lawyers.

Federico

>>> https://twitter.com/mitar_m