[mesh-dev] Physical link state detection with an integrated switch

Mitar mitar at tnode.com
Sun May 3 15:28:28 PDT 2015

Hi!

> Writing notdhcp has been much more of a rabbit hole than expected. But! We
> want to be able to query switch port link status for purposes of the GUI
> anyway and now we know that this is currently impossible (short of allowing
> the running of arbitrary commands from the gui). I think once we've gotten
> all this working I'll go back and move the switch status polling code over
> to a fork of netifd and then make notdhcp use ubus to listen for the link
> state changes.

One interesting addition I found in AirOS firmware is also a way to dump
MAC addresses from the switch:

https://github.com/ninuxorg/openwrt-modified-by-ubiquiti/compare/0f06f302caa1d53bf0e1550aaadf738166c53c26...master#diff-1d6f4417e7c8319efc18e3cc024e9502

Might be useful for you together with just port status.

Mitar

--
http://mitar.tnode.com/
https://twitter.com/mitar_m