[mesh-dev] Slightly strange tunneldigger behavior?

Jernej Kos jernej at kos.mx
Mon May 25 23:00:28 PDT 2015

Hello!

On 26. 05. 2015 01:02, max b wrote:
> However, if I ping over the tunnel and through the exit server I get the
> slower times:

Did you also try pinging just the other tunnel endpoint, without routing
through the exit server?

> Thoughts? I'll keep taking a look at it, and it's possible it has something
> to do with our up hook on the exit server which adds the new l2tp interface
> to babel, but wanted to put it out there in case anyone had any ideas.

This looks really strange. So you are adding each l2tp interface to
Babel? I see that you made some patches to enable dynamic interface
modifications? Was there any suspicious tunneldigger CPU usage? Are you
using any kind of traffic shaping?

Because as data forwarding goes exclusively over the kernel's L2TP
implementation, I don't see why removing and re-creating a tunnel would
improve latency.

Jernej