[mesh-talk] USB POE injector

Martin dcmk1mr2 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 7 10:12:05 PDT 2015

Actually it works quite well with all the Ubiquiti radios I've tried
including the nanobridge.  I think that a laptop USB only puts out 2..5 W
until the attached device negotiates for 5 W.  I think the key is that the
power ratings specified for the Ubiquiti are maximums not typical.  I can
imagine that the radio burns much more power when it is heavily utilized
but not so much when it's just being programmed.