[mesh-talk] outreach + add context to map + blog feed

April Glaser april.glaser at gmail.com
Thu Mar 5 22:24:23 PST 2015

Hi again,

1) am going to start outreach soon and trying to schedule conversations
w/folks who know a lot about mesh and community networking

tracking it here, on sheet 2:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1OxG6s1NFAEd9dasX5-Hdrz4jR6IWk9CkQTDDhIaZhhk/edit?usp=sharing

and will let people know as I try to set up meetings so that way folks
can join me!

2) can we add text to the map to make it more useful? here's some draft
language to play with:

Welcome to the People's Open node map. Here you can indicate where you
have roof or tower space available to expand the network to your area.
You can also see where the network is active and find out if one of your
neighbors is hosting a node that may be within reach.

Even if there are no nodes in your area, please go ahead and add your
address. We hope to build out all over Oakland soon, and it's important
to know where our interested neighbors live.

Adding your address to the map is easy. Simply click on the point on the
map where the node can potentially live and add your information as
directed. If you see that you are near an active node, please email
info at sudomesh.org to let us know you'd like to connect.

3) what do people think about cross-linking/posting the blog from the
wiki on the website?

many thanks,
april