[mesh-talk] Ham stuffs

Martin dcmk1mr2 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 29 16:17:59 PDT 2015

So far I have 4 of the Linksys routers running HSMM.  Two are running
PersonalTelco which don't seem to speak ethernet.   I am looking for my
JTAG cables and will try that.  Does anyone have a cable know to work with
Linksys?  Is there any other ways to unbrick - over the air?  Five AP's are
WRAP54Gs and don't run HSMM.  Should I just e-waste the WRAP54Gs or return
them to sudoroom?

There is an April 10 meeting of the East Bay Amateur Radio Club in El
Sobrante with a speaker on ham mesh nets.  I plan on attending and can
drive others.  I will tailgate the routers.

There is varying degrees of interest in the ham community in microwave ham
nets.  Cal's radio club has a mesh running HSMM and I believe the NALCO
(North Alemeda County Radio Amateur Civil Emergency Services) has one.
Some of the EBARC members are interested in getting something going.

I'm not sure about the interest level among the Oakland club (ORCA) though
I'm sure there are at least a few members that would mount their own nodes,
possibly on masts.  They also have a repeater with power, etc. on Grizzly
Peak.

I'm a ORCA and EBARC member and could invite someone to speak about
sudomesh at a future meeting if interested.  You might get some good help
with development, testing and deployment, especially if you get into
towers.

This is a little long winded but I thought that there are some useful
insights on broadband networking from neighbors:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lXWqVaWRQpw

Sorry for the long post.

Martin