[mesh-talk] LATE!

Marc Juul juul at labitat.dk
Tue May 5 20:01:29 PDT 2015

I am so late.

I've been sick since last Thursday and have made little progress since
Thursday.

I will show up before 2100 hours, order a pizza and commence swlib hacking.

btw does anyone know much about serval mesh? I'm wondering if it makes
sense to make every node a serval mesh gateway or if it will just be a
useless resource hog.

also, i had a weird idea: I believe cell phone speakers are capable of
making noises above the level of human hearing (though unfortunately not
above the level of dog or cat hearing) and i was thinking about the GPS
method of repeating a signal below the noise floor and then using
auto-correlation at the receiver to bring it back above the noise floor.
I'm wondering: Would it be possible to transmit using this method over
fairly long distances using just the audio input/output of a smartphone as
long as the bitrate is low enough? Could we multiplex multiple signals
without centrally assigned gold codes? Could this be used to make a
jamming-resistant low-bandwidth mesh for e.g. decentralized messaging in a
disaster scenario? How much would this affect animals?

--
marc/juul