[Mesh] Comcast public wifi

Hol Gaskill hol at gaskill.com
Wed Feb 5 16:07:14 PST 2014

didn't get a chance to read the article, but I've heard chatter about broadcasting from subscribers' wifi-equipped modems.  the nerve.

Feb 5, 2014 04:04:13 PM, chris at freeranger.com wrote:
I was scanning my neighborhood near El Cerrito and Kensington and found about 8 "xfinitywifi" SSIDs.

>--
>Chris Jefferies
>(510) 409-0003 - mobile

Interesting topic, and well written article -- thanks much for sharing, Thomas!

On Wed, Feb 5, 2014 at 11:46 AM, Thomas Dudley trd3r at virginia.edu> wrote:

>Hey all,
>
>I've been lurking on this list for little a while - I love the progress you're making! I ran across this article recently which I thought you'd find interesting. Classic monopoly behavior (bundling) from Comcast:
>

>http://www.dailydemocrat.com/business/ci_25059667/dont-panic-but-that-public-wi-fi-comes?

Best,

Thomas

mesh at lists.sudoroom.org