[Mesh] Business cards and outreach

Mitar mitar at tnode.com
Wed Feb 12 13:08:20 PST 2014

Hi!

I do not really have an opinion on this, just sharing some thoughts.

I agree with ideas you wrote, just adding to them.

> Ideally, the backs of the cards would be a sticker and the business
> card would just be plain after the sticker is removed.

Nice idea!

> Secondly, if people use business cards like me, they hold onto them and
> save them for later. A card with a logo or event on them, I just throw
> those out.

But now imagine that you ask for a card and I write down my name for you
and even a comment/note that you remember better the context of our
conversation. You get a personalized card every time, not just a logo!

> And last but not least, the idea is to provide cards to people by the group
> to those who have been attending seven or eight of the last ten meetings.
> Maybe or less demanding than that, but it gives more inventive to
> participate at the meetings.

So you want to encourage participating in meetings and not nodes? What
is exactly the measure of "success" you want to have in the network?
Meetings or nodes? I think that more nodes you make with least meetings
possible the better the network is. Do not forget that attending a
meeting is a position of a privilege. Not all people have free time to
attend meetings. You should structure the network in a way which
encourages participation and deployment of nodes even if they do not or
cannot come to meetings. If you get to the stage where you do not need
any meeting and network grows, you succeeded.

This is why we are sending our cards to anybody who deploys a node.
Because this is what counts at the end.

Mitar

--
http://mitar.tnode.com/