[Mesh] Recommended APs that can do wireless repeating?

Pete Forsyth peteforsyth at gmail.com
Thu Feb 20 09:36:01 PST 2014

Max, I will let others step in with advice about specific products. You may
have already thought of this, but I want to urge you to consider solutoins
that don't involve a repeater -- I suspect that the latency introduced will
be frustrating for things like VOIP. (Also, unless things have evolved, I
think repeaters are all somewhat non-standard, and therefore a little
finicky about whether your other network equipment is from the same vendor,
etc.)

Is there any way to hard-wire an access point to the CCAP(tm)? Like,
running an ethernet cable to a wireless access point (via wire that's
either inside or outside the house) that's a bit closer to your room?

It might take a bit more work upfront, but the parts would be more
standard, more reusable, in addition to providing a connection with less
latency.

Pete