[Mesh] Fwd: [sudo-discuss] Fwd: [H4D] Router configuration gig​

Matthew Senate mattsenate at gmail.com
Fri Sep 5 06:55:49 PDT 2014

here's the text translated from the attached HTML:

Hi all,
There is a small, urgent gig in the next few days for an activist
organization fighting climate change.
Pay is about $1000, and needs to be ready for Sep 8th.
It involves the following:
We need a DD-WRT router to be configured to serve a captive portal (our
static campaign page) *without* a WAN connection. We can supply the router.
We need you to configure it. Specifically: Installing and configuring a
lightweight web server on the router (lighttpd seems to work) to host our
page. Configuring the router's firewall to forward all incoming
requests on ports 80 and 443 to the web server. Configuring the
router's DNS and DHCP handling to redirect requests back to the router.
This thread should offer useful guidance for someone who's skilled on
the UNIX command line.
That's the basics.
Useful bells and whistles include logging how many users see the page, and
configuring the web server to (securely) log entries to a form on the page
(our campaign petition).
Contact Brant Olson with any interest - brant at engagementlab.org
4115-596-6581.
Thanks all,