[Mesh] What's up with this? You may want to Check your node. The one I have has this constant connection to a Server log ("100.64.0.10:514")?

Jorrit Poelen jhpoelen at xs4all.nl
Wed Oct 4 05:38:44 PDT 2017

Hi Daniel -

Thanks for sharing this and asking for opinions.

Personally, I am fan of keeping as little identifiable information
around as possible. The mesh prototol itself already provides plenty of
information about other nodes, so from where I am standing, I don't see
the immediate need for centralized logging beyond keeping a temporary
log of mesh routing tables.

Also, I'd say that the great thing (and bad thing) about centralized
logging servers is that they can be easily turned off.

Hoping I can join a lively discussion on this for the next meeting.

thx,
-jorrit

On Tue, 2017-10-03 at 23:49 -0700, danarauz at gmail.com wrote:
> Update:

Signal Messaging group, and so far the person replying says that it
may be a centralized log Server. A link ( https://github.com/sudomesh
/sudowrt-firmware/issues/68 ) was also provided, about an issue in
github that talks about the implementation of this Syslog Server.

file.This log file collects all the HostNames, IP address, and MAC
address of all connecting devices (computers, phones, iPads,
AppleTVs, etc) to the Mesh and Private networks.
> > > Even though I understand the need for logs for troubleshooting
purposes, I would like to know others folks thoughts about this
collection.

> Are you okay with this?
> How critical is to have these log files?
> > Is possible for Peoples Open Network to be part of the "No Logs, No
Masters" idea?

com> wrote:
have has this constant connection to a Server log
("100.64.0.10:514")?

see this established connection "100.64.0.10:514 (Syslog
Server?)?