[Mesh] mesh routers can't opkg install kmod-usb-acm

Alexander Papazoglou papazoga at gmail.com
Sun Oct 15 22:18:29 PDT 2017

Jake,

The error means that you have a mismatch between the kernel version you are
running and the one required for the package. Ever since this [
https://dev.openwrt.org/changeset/29686] happened OpenWRT requires that
modules are from the same build as the kernel you are running, by checking
a hash.

Unfortunately it seems that
http://builds.sudomesh.org/builds/chaos_calmer/ar71xx/packages/ only
contains a smattering of packages, and kmod-usb-acm is not among them.Any
reason for this?

All kmod- packages ought to be built and made available there, in order to
guarantee kernel compatibility. And your opkg.conf "base" pointer should
point at the sudomesh repo.
For instant gratification, you can try "opkg --force-depends install
<package>" (but don't expect it to work).

Alex