[Omni-delegates] Liberation Ministries Proposal to Omni Commons -- Matt recuses himself, seeks another delegate

Matthew Senate mattsenate at gmail.com
Fri Sep 11 00:15:59 PDT 2015

tl;dr,

*I need to recuse myself as sudo room delegate from the Liberation
Ministries proposal (details below):*

Hey all,

I've cc'd Sudo Room's Omni-Delegates list (our email list for people who
have been consented upon to act on behalf of Sudo Room as a delegate in the
Omni Commons delegates council).

I do not think I am capable of getting through the emotionally-charged
issues necessary to act on behalf of the sudo room when it comes to the
discussion of Liberation Ministries collaborating with the Omni Commons.

While I am still willing and able to act as sudo room's delegate for other
proposals and at other times, I need to recuse myself from this proposal in
particular.

I will attend the next sudo room meeting on Weds 9/16 as well as the next
Omni Commons delegates meeting on Thurs 9/17, but will not be representing
the sudo room when it comes to the Liberation Ministries proposal.

*If sudo room members find it important to participate in this part of the
process, then another member of sudo room who is approved to act as an Omni
Commons delegates needs to represent the sudo room instead.*

You can read the most recent version of this proposal submitted to the
omni-consensus email list today (Thurs) around 5pm. It should be reviewed
this week and formally discussed during the next (coming) Thurs 9/17 @ 7pm.

// Matt

p.s. "Active non-Member" is a bit confusing language, but essentially this
not a proposal to become a Member-Collective, but instead a different kind
of formal commitment, backed by some form of legal document(s) [such as
rental contract(s), tenant (non-member-collective) sublease, etc]. The text
of the current proposal follows: