[Omni-delegates] [sudo-discuss] Liberation Ministries Proposal to Omni Commons -- Matt recuses himself, seeks another delegate

Jake jake at spaz.org
Wed Sep 16 11:42:50 PDT 2015

On Wed, 16 Sep 2015, yar wrote:

> On Sun, Sep 13, 2015 at 2:09 PM, Jenny Ryan <tunabananas at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Any sudoers willing to take this on for Thursday? We can simply write a
>> statement of position at Wednesday's meeting that you can read during the
>> delegates meeting.
>
> After much thought, I think the best framing question for now is: what
> length of trial period can we tolerate?
>
> I would like to hear from all Sudoroom members currently blocking this
> proposal. Would you also block a 3 month proposal? 1 month? 1 week?
> What's the magic number? Thank you.

that's a good question.  So far the offer to have LM do their thing
without a 1-year commitment has not generated a response that I know of.
Have they changed their mind or are you attempting to broker this on your
own?

Personally I think that we could offer them a month of Sundays to see what
they're like.  Perhaps you can find out if they're interested in that.

Other people brought up the point that we don't want to fill the basement
with video game consoles (or encourage people to come play video games at
Omni) and I agree, so maybe this can be something we would talk about
after seeing what a month of Sundays with them would be like.

I want to point out that your request to hear from all members "currently
blocking this proposal" does not sound to me like good consensus-seeking
process, and that "concerns" should not be ignored simply because they are
not "blocking concerns" in my opinion.

-jake